New Zealand is an amazing and breathtaking place to visit if you are planning to pay a visit to a wonderful location this summer. This country is well known for its hospitality and gorgeous scenic beauty. Thousands of travelers come to visit here round the year. New Zealand offers majestic hills, stunning waters, true colors of mother nature and a greener, peaceful environment. If you really want to take a break from your urban lifestyle and want to spend some time with nature you should visit New Zealand.
How can you apply for the New Zealand visa?
You can apply for a visa for a holiday or business trip to New Zealand (the NZETA) completely online, using the online application form on this website. After completing the application form and paying the costs, the application is inspected by the immigration service in New Zealand. Once the application has been approved, this will be confirmed by text message, and the visa will be sent by email. It can then be used immediately.
- The first step is to fill all the personal information that names, date of birth, the purpose of visit, etc.
- Mention the date of your travelling.
- You will also have to choose the processing time for the application. The sooner you want the processing to complete, the more the amount you will have to pay for it.
- Select the mode of payment. One can choose from a debit card, credit card, PayPal, etc. The medium is very flexible. The application form asks you to revise the information entered. Once the payment is done you cannot change it.
- The normal delivery time is five working days. If this is not fast enough, the 'urgent delivery' option can be selected in the application form. The application will then be processed immediately, which is 90% of the cases results in a granted visa within an hour. However, no guarantee can be given on the delivery times, even in case of an emergency. There is also a chance that a New Zealand ETA application will be rejected, although that chance is very small. If an application is rejected, another visa type must be applied for, which can sometimes take several weeks. The New Zealand Immigration Service, therefore, recommends applying for the NZeTA as early as possible. It is not necessary to have already booked a flight or overnight to apply for a visa.
Documents that are needed for NZETA application are -
- Passport. It is mandatory. The passport should not expire for at least 6 months from the date of visit to New Zealand.
- Email address is also mandatory as the electronic travel authority is sent via mail. Make sure you keep a print out of it too while traveling.
- You should have a debit card or credit card or a PayPal account.
- Digital Photograph. It should be a recent one.
- Sometimes you are also asked for the bank statement to check whether you can sustain your trip or not.
- You should have a returning ticket or the amount required to purchase one. It is asked at the airport.
After filling all the information, you can sit back and relax. If things go smoothly and your application is error-free, the NZETA will arrive within the timeframe that you have chosen.
It is advisable to carry the hard copy of the ETA during the travel. The rates for application are very nominal though if you want an emergency ETA, the penalty charges may apply. Along with the New Zealand ETA, one also has to submit IVL which is used by the New Zealand government for its developments in terms of infrastructure and facilities. ETA is directly attached to your passport and reduces the time taken to complete the formalities during the airport check-in. If you are a part of the Singapore, you will not face any problem in visiting this marvelous place.