New Zealand is cluster of several beautiful big and small islands with two landmasses that is the Northern and the Southern Island. With breathtakingly beautiful landscapes and locals, the it is among the most visited tourist spots in the world. The naturally rich scenic beauty and the hospitality of the locals attract tourists from everywhere. The climate here is always remain suitable for the year-round trip.
What is an NZETA?
New Zealand has made the Electronic Travel Authority or the electronic visa mandatory as of 1 October 2019. You can apply for this visa online via our portal, and it is valid for two years. If you get a new passport within two years, you can transfer this visa to your new passport. Applying for an NZETA is only possible for countries that were previously able to travel visa-free to New Zealand, and Belgium and the Netherlands also fall in between, so you are now obliged to apply for an NZETA before your trip to New Zealand. See at the bottom of this page for which countries an New Zealand ETA is mandatory.
There are a certain set of documents that you will need to have before applying for ETA and during the time of travel. Those are as follows:
- Passport: The first and foremost thing that you will be needing is the Passport. One should have a valid passport and the documents should remain valid until 3 months from the date you depart from New Zealand.
- Valid Email ID: Email address and also mandatory as the electronic travel authority is sent via mail. Make sure you keep a print out of it too.
- Scanned Photograph: The photograph is also another thing that you can't ignore. A recent passport size photograph is required.
- Digital Payment Method: You should have a digital payment option with you. You can pay via debit card, credit card or PayPal.
- Bank statement: The bank statement is required to prove the means of sustenance and to show that you can take charge of your trip.
- Return ticket: You will have to carry the returning ticket which will be asked at the airport. If you do not have one, the amount of return ticket should be present in your bank account.
Conditions for Spanish People who want to apply for an NZETA
- The passport must be valid for at least three months after departure from New Zealand.
- You must have a return or travel ticket upon arrival.
- You must be able to demonstrate that you have sufficient financial resources to complete the trip.
- You may not work, paid or voluntary for an organization in New Zealand.
- You should not have severe or contagious diseases.
- You must not be a risk to public order and safety.
- You should not have been convicted or suspected of an offence which could result in imprisonment.
The Process to Apply for NZETA
- The first steps involve you to fill all the personal information
- Secondly, you will have to choose the processing time for the application. The sooner you want the processing to complete, the more the amount you will have to pay for it.
- Select the mode of payment. The application form asks you to revise the information entered. Once the payment is done you cannot change it.
- Submit all the documents mentioned above
- That’s it. Your visa will arrive in the timeframe which you have chosen.
- While filling application form, you’ll be asked to enter the journey dates (arrival and departure). This is compulsory.
What does an NZETA cost?
- The costs for a New Zealand ETA include consular charges and tourist tax 44 USD per person. You can pay the fees via debit card, PayPal, bank transfer or Credit Card.
- Payment: Applicant should have an online payment option. Be its credit card, debit card or the PayPal.
Delivery time for ETA New Zealand
The delivery time for a New Zealand visa for Spain varies between 24 hours and 72 hours. In most cases, it will not take 72 hours, of course, there are exceptions, and the delivery time can vary per person. Ideally, you apply for the New Zealand visa five working days before departure to New Zealand. Of course, the sooner you apply for it, the better.
Validity of New Zealand ETA
The ETA is valid for the time period of 2 years. You can get multiple entries by one ETC. Additionally, you will have to pay IVL or International Visitor Conservation and Tourism Levy. It is used for the development of the country in terms of Infrastructure and for protecting the environment. IVL is submitted only once for 2 years. So, if you are from Spain and going to visit New Zealand, apply for NZETA as soon as possible to avoid any hassle.