New Zealand is undeniably one of the most beautiful countries in the world. The natural gleams like mountains, islands, rolling countryside, scenic view, enjoyable and peaceful atmosphere attracts people from all over the world. The country lies in the western region of the great Pacific Ocean. People from every corner of the world come to witness this beauty. The same is the case with tourists from South Korea.
As a tourist with South Korean nationality, you can stay in New Zealand for a maximum of three months without having to apply for a visa. However, since 1 October 2019, you must be in possession of a New Zealand Electronic Travel Authority (NZeTA) before entering New Zealand. An NZETA is not a visa. Applying for an NZeTA can be done online and takes about ten minutes. Processing can take up to 72 hours, so request the NZeTA in time. There are costs involved.
Apply online in three simple steps using our website
- Apply for a visa - Every visa application starts with filling in the online application form. That only takes a few minutes.
- Secure payment - Payment can then be made securely and efficiently by PayPal, debit card, or credit card.
- Print the visa - After granting permission, the New Zealand visa (NZeTA) will be sent by e-mail. Print it out and take it with you on a trip.
Documents required to apply for New Zealand ETA
- Passport: The first and foremost thing that you will be needing is the Passport. One should have a valid passport and the documents should remain valid until 3 months from the date you depart from New Zealand.
- Valid Email ID: Email address and also mandatory as the electronic travel authority is sent via mail. Make sure you keep a print out of it too.
- Scanned photograph: The photograph is also another thing that you can't ignore. A recent passport size photograph is required.
- Digital payment method: You should have a digital payment option with you. You can pay via debit card, credit card or PayPal.
- Bank statement: The bank statement is required to prove the means of sustenance and to show that you can take charge of your trip.
- Return ticket: You will have to carry the returning ticket which will be asked at the airport. If you do not have one, the amount of return ticket should be present in your bank account.
In addition to an NZETA, you must also be able to provide a number of other documents. For example, you must be in possession of proof of sufficient financial resources, a valid passport, and a travel ticket. An overview of all necessary travel documents for New Zealand can be found on our website.
If you want to stay in New Zealand for more than three months, it is advisable to contact the New Zealand Embassy in The Hague. This is also the case if you have serious health problems that could endanger New Zealand's public health, have a criminal record or have ever been expelled from a country.
How long it will take for your visa to get ready?
One of the best things about us is that we have provided you leverage to choose the processing speed of your visa application. You are granted with three payment options so that you can choose the best per as per your requirement. These are –
- Normal Processing Time – your NZETA is ready within a day.
- Emergency Processing Time – You're required to wait up to four hours for the processing of your application.
- Rush Processing Time – Your ETA visa for New Zealand will arrive within just two hours.
In addition, since July 1, 2019, a tourist fee of $55, the so-called International Visitor Conservation and Tourism Levy (IVL), has applied. This supplement contributes to the maintenance of the tourist infrastructure and the preservation of the nature reserves in New Zealand. You pay this surcharge directly when applying for the NZeTA.
New Zealand Passport Validity
Your passport must be valid for at least six months upon arrival in New Zealand. The tourist visa you will receive on arrival in New Zealand is an electronic copy. You will, therefore, not receive a stamp in your passport.