New Zealand is considered as the third most stunning nation in the world. The gleaming mountains, out-of-the-way islands, rolling countryside, picturesque view, pleasing and peaceful atmosphere attracts people from around the world. The place lies in the western region of the Pacific Ocean. The place has an amazing diversity of landscapes and greenery everywhere. The breathtaking fjords get the affection of the tourist. People from every corner of the world come to witness this beauty. The same is the case with tourists from Sweden.
Since October 2019, New Zealand has the NZETA or the New Zealand Electronic Travel Authorization. An electronic document that some travelers must apply for before traveling to New Zealand. Unfortunately, there is now a lot of incorrect information in circulation. We have listed all official NZeTA information so that you do not pay too much money for this “visa.”
Many countries have the Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) system. New Zealand started in 2019 and calls it NZeTA. Many think it is NZeTA and visa, but it is not!
NZeTA is not a visa, what is it?
If you travel to New Zealand, you will see that there are several visas that you can apply for. In our visa overview for New Zealand, you can see the most important visas with the pros and cons so that you can easily see which one applies to you.
The rule is that if you do not have to apply for a visa for New Zealand, you must apply for a New Zealand ETA. Confusing? No, New Zealand would especially like to know who will enter the country. If you apply for a working holiday visa or tourist visa, they already have all your details, so they know who you are.
If you are going to travel in New Zealand for less than three months and therefore enter on a 'visa waiver' (no visa), they do not know anything about you, and the New Zealand Electronic Travel Authorization document is required.
There are a certain set of documents that you will need to have before applying for NZETA and during the time of travel. Those are as follows:
- Passport: The first and foremost thing that you will be needing is the Passport. One should have a valid passport and the documents should remain valid until 3 months from the date you depart from New Zealand.
- Valid Email ID: Email address and also mandatory as the electronic travel authority is sent via mail. Make sure you keep a print out of it too.
- Scanned photograph: The photograph is also another thing that you can't ignore. A recent passport size photograph is required.
- Digital payment method: You should have a digital payment option with you. You can pay via debit card, credit card or PayPal.
- Bank statement: The bank statement is required to prove the means of sustenance and to show that you can take charge of your trip.
- Return ticket: You will have to carry the returning ticket which will be asked at the airport. If you do not have one, the amount of return ticket should be present in your bank account.
You will have to fill all the mandatory details along with uploading the documents. The application form needs to be filled very carefully. It is advised to proofread the application form before submitting it. Any discrepancies in the form can result in its cancellation. After scrutinizing the documents, it will then be sent to the authorized person via email ID mentioned in the form. It is in pdf format.
What does the NZeTA cost?
For the processing time required to get your ETA completed, we offer you 3 options. The pricing will depend on given options-
- Normal ETA Processing – Your ETA application is processed within a working day, and the charge is $55.00 including service fees.
- Emergency ETA Processing – You'll receive your ETA within 10-15 hours. The charge for the application is $65.00 including service fees.
- Rush ETA Processing – This is the quickest option. You'll get ETA Visa in only 4-5 hours. The price will be $75.00 including service fees.