How Couples Can Apply for NZeTA? What Are the Steps To Follow?

How Couples Can Apply for NZeTA? What Are the Steps To Follow?

New Zealand is an island paradise tucked away in the Pacific Ocean. It comprises two landmasses, the North and South, and 700 small islands. It’s full of stunning natural beauty, with spectacular mountains, towering peaks, and a variety of topography. It’s no wonder why it’s one of the top honeymoon destinations! The country welcomes tourists with open arms, so they don’t have any issues even in a different country. Plus, you can plan your trip with travel packages, which include everything you need for your stay and travel, and even help with airport formalities.

When a couple wishes to travel to another country that is not New Zealand, they must comply with the regulations of both countries. The New Zealand eta application permits travellers to travel to New Zealand for a limited time, such as for tourism, business or family purposes. The application procedure is simple, and couples may apply jointly or individually. Additionally, a tourist visa must be used. The process is as follows:

  • A valid passport for at least 3 months.
  • Identity proof
  • Email Address
  • One has to provide an account statement to confirm that they can afford to live in the county.
  • Correctly filled application form
  • Passport size photograph
  • Return Flight Ticket
  • Good Character Certificate

Before arriving in New Zealand, it is essential to have an Estimated Time of Arrival (ETO). It necessitates obtaining a Consular Tourism Visa. Upon approval of the visa, foreign nationals may travel to New Zealand for up to nine months on a visa. However, there is a condition that the tourist may not stay for more than ninety days on a single tour. Once the couple has arrived in New Zealand, they may apply for an Electronic Visa (eVisa) via our website pages. The cost of applying for an eVisa is estimated to range, depending upon the urgency of the matter. Therefore, it is recommended that all necessary formalities are taken care of in advance and that all the required documents are provided. New Zealand is an ideal destination for a honeymoon for newlywed couples.

Apply for a New Zealand visa

  • A copy of your valid passport
  • A current personal photograph
  • An email address to receive the visa
  • A bank card to make the payment 

If any of these requirements are not met, the application will be saved and can be completed later. NZeTA is an online processing program that is completed online. They will be emailed to you. The application process for eTA New Zealand is straightforward. You can complete the application online. The form has been designed to minimize errors that may affect your approval. Upon arrival in the country, you must print the New Zealand Electronic Travel Authorization and present it with your passport.

What does it mean to be in a relationship?

Before we can give you a visa based on your partnership, you need to be able to prove that you’re living together in a real, long-term relationship.

Living together

Cohabitation refers to living in the same residence as one’s partner. It does not include:

  • Spending time together at each other’s homes while you care for your dwellings.
  • Sharing lodging while on vacation is commonly called “sharing accommodation”.
  • The idea of living as co-habiting tenants in the same residence.

Partner is a citizen of New Zealand.

When applying for a partnership visa with a NZ visa holder or NZ citizen, that individual is referred to as your supporting partner. Applicants for a partnership visa must be 18 or older or have parental consent if they are 16-17 years old and have previously met. Applicants cannot be close relatives.

Proof of relationship documents

To apply for a visa based on a relationship with a visa holder or a New Zealand citizen, Immigration New Zealand defines a partnership as two individuals of the opposite sex living together in an authentic and stable relationship.

Giving proof of your relationship

The official proof may consist of the following elements:

  • marriage or civil union certificates
  • Birth certificates for any children you share
  • a joint rental agreement or home loan
  • joint bank accounts
  • Evidence you own assets together
  • Joint credit cards or hire purchase agreements
  • Joint utilities accounts, like power, phone bills, cards, letters, emails and social media conversations; photos together or mail addressed to you together at the same place and time.

How can we evaluate the partnership?

When we look at your visa request, we’ll take into account things like:

  • How long have you two been a couple?
  • Your joint custody of any children, including your custody arrangements.
  • Others acknowledge your relationship.

Look for your living and financial arrangements, including:

  • How long have you and your partner been living together?
  • Do you have a lot of the same jobs around the house?
  • Do you help each other out financially or with responsibilities?

If you have not always lived together

If you and your spouse have been separated for an extended time, you should include details about your separation, such as:

  • the reasons why you were living separately
  • How long have you two been separated?
  • How communication between the parties was maintained while they were not residing together.

Based on the data you submit, we will evaluate the impact of your separation on your relationship. 

Need more information? Check out our comprehensive guide: How to apply for a visa in New Zealand.