Package holidays to New Zealand are every traveler’s dream! Why? Because New Zealand is as gorgeous as it is diverse and finding a package holiday that suits your pocket can be an offer that you can’t resist. Here are five things that you have to see and do when paying a visit to this glorious country.
When on the North Island
- Te Papa Tongarewa – Te Papa Tongarewa roughly translates into ‘the place of treasures of this land and a place of treasures it certainly is! 1 The national museum and art gallery, located in Wellington, offers tourists a feast for the eyes and the senses. It boasts a collection of ancient dresses and textiles, which date back to the sixteenth century, as well as 20 000 stamps and an array of historical items from the Pacific Islands.
- The Coromandel Peninsula – When you visit the east coast of the peninsula, you will be able to experience the amazing hot springs at Hot Water Beach. These springs can often reach temperatures of up to 64 degrees Celsius. 2 Tourists have the opportunity to dig large holes in the beach and relax in the warm water to their heart’s content. Pure bliss!
- Tongariro Alpine Crossing – If you have a taste for hiking, the Tongariro Alpine Crossing was made for you. Located in the Tongariro National Park – which is a World Heritage Site – the Tongariro Alpine Crossing is a tramping track that is one the most sought-after day hike locations in the country. The track is approximately 20 kilometers long and promises an experience of a lifetime for beginners and trained hikers alike.
When on the South Island
- The ‘Great Walks’ – Seeing as though New Zealand is so well known for its natural beauty, what better way is there to explore the country than spending some quality time outdoors, being one with nature? If you find yourself on the South Island, you need to follow one of the paths of the ‘Great Walks’ and really take in the stunning landscapes that surround you. The tracks include the Milford Track, Routeburn Track, Abel Tasman Coastal Track, Heaphy Track, Kepler Track, and Rakiura Track. If you cannot explore more than one of the tracks, it is recommended that you choose the Milford Track. It is famous for being ‘the finest walk in the world’, promising sights including the Sutherland Falls and a glorious rainforest.
- Abel Tasman National Park-This Park is one for the adventurers out there. Really make the most of your visit to New Zealand by exploring the native scrubland and perhaps opt to kayak through the waters of this memorable national park.
It is obvious that taking advantage of travel specials to New Zealand is a must for every jet-setter. So what are you waiting for? Book your tickets today!