The costs for a New Zealand ETA include consular fees and tourist tax of USD 55 per person. You can pay the costs via Debit card, bank transfer, or Credit Card.
The delivery time for a New Zealand visa varies between 24 hours and 72 hours. In most cases it will not take 72 hours, of course, there are exceptions and the delivery time can vary per person. Ideally, you should apply for the New Zealand visa 5 working days before departure to New Zealand. Of course, the sooner you apply, the better.
If you travel to New Zealand with children, take extra rules into account. Children must have their own passports and are not allowed to travel in the passport of their parents. Are children traveling with you that you have no or partial custody of? Then you must also print and fill out the form in order to demonstrate that you have permission from the authoritative parents for the child to travel with you.
You must also be in possession of an NZeTA when you enter New Zealand by cruise ship. Travelers holding an Australian passport are excluded from an NZeTA.
Does your destination fall into one of the categories below? Then you can use the NZeTA visa:
1. Tourism: holidays and visits from family or friends
2. Business travel: training, conferences and other business meetings
3. Job Applications: Are you going to New Zealand for an interview for a paid or unpaid job? Then you can use the NZeTA
4. Sports: Participation in an unpaid amateur sport
1. The passport must be valid for at least 6 months after departure from New Zealand.
2. You must have a return or through travel ticket on arrival.
3. You must be able to demonstrate that you have sufficient financial resources to complete the trip
4. You may not work, paid or voluntarily for any organization in New Zealand
5. You must not have serious or contagious diseases
6. You must not be a risk to public order and safety
7. You must not have been convicted, or under suspicion of an offense that could lead to a prison sentence
Residents of the following countries who hold the nationality of the country can apply for an NZeTA:
Netherlands, Belgium, Andorra, Argentina, Bahrain, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Cyprus, Denmark, Germany, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Ireland, Iceland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Kuwait, Croatia, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macau, Malaysia, Malta, Mauritius, Mexico, Monaco, Norway, Oman, Austria, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, San Marino, Saudi Arabia, Seychelles, Singapore, Slovenia, Slovakia, Spain, Taiwan, Czech Republic, Uruguay, Vatican City, United Kingdom, United Arab Emirates, United States, South Korea, Sweden, and Switzerland.
If you are not eligible to apply for an NZeTA, you will need to apply for a regular visa for New Zealand.
Working Holiday Visa / Working and Holiday Visa New Zealand
If you are between 18 and 30 years old and want to travel, work and/or study in New Zealand, you can stay in New Zealand for a maximum of 12 months with a Working Holiday Visa. Requirements to use this visa are:
1. You have at least 4200 New Zealand dollars or about 2400 euros at your disposal
2. You are not younger than 18 and not older than 30 years
3. You travel without children
4. You have arranged your medical insurance and it covers medical costs in New Zealand
5. You can only use this visa once and this is the first time you want to apply for it
6. Your passport is valid for at least 6 months after the intended departure date from New Zealand
7. You meet the health requirements
8. You have already booked a return ticket or you can demonstrate that you can pay for a return ticket.