New Zealand is a sovereign country with two landmasses that is the Northern Island and the Southern Island. The country is a bunch of small islands. With splendid landscapes and locals, the country is one of the most visited tourist spots in the world. The natural beauty and the hospitality of the locals attract tourists from every corner of the world. Since it is situated in the southwestern region of the Pacific Ocean, the climate is suitable for the year-round trip. People can visit and admire the beauty of the country at any time of the year.
One of the countries from where the greatest number of visitors come to New Zealand is Malta. The country has exempted 60 countries from the lift of Visa for travel. This means that the citizens of that country would not need a visa to travel to New Zealand though they will be needing an ETA. The ETA stands for electronic travel authority. Visa exemption helps you to cut short the process.
The document needed for New Zealand eTA is as follows:
- The first and foremost thing that you will be needing is the Passport. One should have a valid passport and the documents should remain valid until 3 months from the date you depart from New Zealand.
- The photograph is also another thing that you can't ignore. A recent passport size photograph is required.
- Email addresses and also mandatory as the electronic travel authority is sent via mail. Make sure you keep a print out of it too.
- The bank statement is required to prove the means of sustenance and to show that you can take charge of your trip.
- You should have a digital payment option with you. You can pay via debit card, credit card or PayPal.
- The digital signature should be there in your system.
- You will have to carry the returning ticket which will be asked at the airport. If you do not have one, the amount of return ticket should be present in your bank account.The process of applying an NZETA is very simple. It takes a few days for the complete application to get scrutinized and accepted.
The process is as follows:
- The first steps involve you to fill all the personal information
- Secondly, you will have to choose the processing time for the application. The sooner you want the processing to complete, the more the amount you will have to pay for it.
- Select the mode of payment. The application form asks you to revise the information entered. Once the payment is done you cannot change it.
- Submit all the documents mentioned above
- That’s it. Your visa will arrive in the timeframe which you have chosen
The process is very simple and sorted. One thing to keep in mind while filling the form is to fill the details very carefully. One should check the details twice before the final submission. Any discrepancies in the application can result in its cancellation
The ETA is valid for the time period of 2 years. You can get multiple entries by one ETC. Additionally, you will have to pay IVL or International Visitor Conservation and Tourism Levy. It is used for the development of the country in terms of Infrastructure and for protecting the environment. IVL is submitted only once for 2 years. So, if you are from Malta and going to visit New Zealand, apply for ETA as soon as possible to avoid any hassle.