New Zealand is the third most gorgeous city in the world. This reason is enough to justify why people from every corner of the world come to visit this beauty. The place is stuffed with abundant beauty that is scenic views, mountains, rivers, and greenery everywhere. The place has its peace. A major part of the county's revenue is generated via tourism. As tourism prevails a lot here, the country has made a list of 60 other countries for whom the visa has been waived off.
Waiving a visa means that the person traveling from such countries will not have to pay a visit to the embassy. Instead, a simple application that is is Electronic Travel Authority is issued on the name of the person which permits him/her to cross borders. The NZETA is directly linked to the passport. This makes all the formalities after landing at the airport very fast and steady. The ETA is valid for 2 years. You can visit New Zealand multiple times during those 2 years but each visit should not surpass 90 days. Along with the New Zealand ETA, you will also have to submit IVL or International Visitor Conservation and Tourism Levy. It is used for the development of the country in terms of Infrastructure and for protecting the environment. IVL is submitted only once for 2 years.
One of the 60 countries is Norway. New Zealand welcomes the citizens of Norway with pen hands. The only thing you need to keep in mind is to fill the form carefully and correctly and submit all the required documents.
- The first and foremost thing that you will be needing is the Passport. One should have a valid passport and the documents should remain valid until 3 months from the date you depart from New Zealand.
- Email addresses and also mandatory as the electronic travel authority is sent via mail. Make sure you keep a print out of it too.
- The arriving and returning date. You should also have the returning flight tickets or the bank balance to buy the same. They may ask you on the airport.
- You should have a digital payment option with you. You can pay via debit card, credit card or PayPal.
- The photograph is also another thing that you can't ignore. A recent passport size photograph is required.
- Digital signature if needed.
Steps to apply for New Zealand ETA
The steps to apply for electronic travel authority are as follows:
- The first steps involve you to fill all the personal information.
- Secondly, you will have to choose the processing time for the application. The sooner you want the processing to complete, the more the amount you will have to pay for it.
- Select the mode of payment. The application form asks you to revise the information entered. Once the payment is done you cannot change it.
- Submit all the documents mentioned above.
- That’s it. Your visa will arrive in the timeframe which you have chosen.
Once you fill the application form, it generally takes 1 to 2 business days for the authorities to screen the application and respond to your request. The minimum days required for the acceptance and processing of the application is 3 days. It provides sufficient time in case of additional document submission. After the completion of the formalities, the ETA is sent to the concerned person via email.