New Zealand is yet another beautiful destination to visit. People near and far come to visit the place and admire its beauty. It is a sovereign country that is situated on the western side of the Pacific Ocean. The country has an abundance of natural beauty, greenery, and majestic mountains. Every place has a story to tell. If you want to visit a country that portrays the true picture of mother earth and nature, one should visit New Zealand.
The country offers a list of 60 visa exempted countries. This means that they do not need to visit the New Zealand embassy to visit the country. Though, as of 1st October 2019, the government of New Zealand has made it compulsory to apply for an ETA or the Electronic travel authority. This is issued for security purposes. The ETA is attached to your passport electronically and thus eliminates the need for stamps upon arrival in New Zealand. It is valid for 2 years. A tourist can pay multiple visits to the country during that time. Though each visit should not extend more than 90 days.
Applying for NZeTA is a fast and simple process for visa exempted countries. The applicant is just asked to fill a few basic details to receive country rights. The form filling process is very straight forward and does not take more than 10 minutes. The process is as follows:
- The first step is to fill all the personal information that include names, date of birth, the purpose of visit, etc.
- Mention the date of arrival and date of departure.
- You will also have to choose the processing time for the application. The sooner you want the processing to complete, the more the amount you will have to pay for it.
- Select the mode of payment. One can choose from a debit card, credit card, PayPal, etc. The medium is very flexible. The application form asks you to revise the information entered. Once the payment is done you cannot change it.
- After filling all the information, you can sit back and relax. If things go smoothly and your application is error-free, the ETA will arrive within the timeframe that you have chosen.
It is always advisable to apply for the ETA at least 4 to 5 business days before your departure to avoid any type of penalty or emergency charges. The time of processing the application is categorized into three categories that are:
- Normal Processing Fee: Where the application takes 24 hours to get scrutinized. The charges for it are 55 USD.
- Emergency Processing Fee: The application takes 4 hours and the charges are 65 USD.
- Rush Processing Fee: This is the fastest among all. The application gets scrutinized within 30 minutes and the charges are 75 USD.
One also has to submit IVL or International Visitor Conservation and Tourism Levy. It is used for the development of the country in terms of Infrastructure and for protecting the environment. IVL is submitted only once for 2 years. Once the documents and the application form are scrutinized, the New Zealand ETA is mailed to you in the pdf format. You are advised to carry a hard copy of it too. To make the journey smooth and your experience hassle-free, the process after the arrival is very quick and steady.