New Zealand is considered as the third most beautiful country in the world. The lustrous mountains, isolated islands, rolling countryside, scenic view, pleasant and peaceful atmosphere attracts people from around the world. The place lies in the western region of the Pacific Ocean. The place has an amazing diversity of landscapes and greenery everywhere. The breathtaking fjords get the affection of the tourist. People from every corner of the world come to witness this beauty. The same is the case with tourists from Mauritius.
Since New Zealand has made a list of 60 countries. Visa for those nationalities has been exempted. Mauritius is one of them. Exemption of visa cut shorts the process of visiting the country. You will not have to visit the New Zealand embassy but you will need to apply for NZeTA that is electronic travel authority. The document permits you to visit New Zealand. It is valid for 2 years. One can get multiple entries within that time. The only restriction is that no visit should exceed a period of 90 days.
There are a certain set of documents that you will need to have before applying for New Zealand eTA and during the time of travel. Those are as follows:
- Passport: The first and foremost thing that you will be needing is the Passport. One should have a valid passport and the documents should remain valid until 3 months from the date you depart from New Zealand.
- Valid Email ID: Email address and also mandatory as the electronic travel authority is sent via mail. Make sure you keep a print out of it too.
- Scanned photograph: The photograph is also another thing that you can't ignore. A recent passport size photograph is required.
- Digital payment method: You should have a digital payment option with you. You can pay via debit card, credit card or PayPal.
- Bank statement: The bank statement is required to prove the means of sustenance and to show that you can take charge of your trip.
- Return ticket: You will have to carry the returning ticket which will be asked at the airport. If you do not have one, the amount of return ticket should be present in your bank account.
You will have to fill all the mandatory details along with uploading the documents. The application form needs to be filled very carefully. It is advised to proofread the application form before submitting it. Any discrepancies in the form can result in its cancellation. After scrutinizing the documents, it will then sent to the authorized person via email ID mentioned in the form. It is in pdf format.
Along with the NZeTA, visitors are also required to pay IVL or International Visitor Conservation and Tourism Levy. It is used for the development of the country in terms of Infrastructure and for protecting the environment. IVL is submitted only once for 2 years.
Make sure you apply for the electronic travel authority way before you travel to the place. The authorities may take some time to complete the process and verify your documents. Take a margin of some time. So what are you waiting for? Apply for the ETA and visit New Zealand. You will have time to remember.