New Zealand is considered as one of the most beautiful countries of the world. It lies in the western region of the great Pacific Ocean. People from every corner of the world come to witness this beauty. The same is the case with tourists from Chile.
From October 1, 2019 it is mandatory to apply for an Electronic Travel Authority or NZETA for your trip to New Zealand, this is also New Zealand ETA. One can easily apply for the travel authorization online and you will receive an almost immediate notification of whether you will be granted access to New Zealand. If approved, your document is valid for 2 years.
Since New Zealand has made a list of 60 countries. Visa for those nationalities has been exempted. Chile is one of them. Exemption of visa cut shorts the process of visiting the country. The only restriction is that no visit should exceed a period of 90 days.
There are a certain set of documents that you will need to have before applying for ETA and during the time of travel. Those are as follows:
- Passport: The first and foremost thing that you will be needing is the Passport. One should have a valid passport and the documents should remain valid until 3 months from the date you depart from New Zealand.
- Valid Email ID: Email address and also mandatory as the electronic travel authority is sent via mail. Make sure you keep a print out of it too.
- Scanned photograph: The photograph is also another thing that you can't ignore. A recent passport size photograph is required.
- Payment: You should have a digital payment option with you. You can pay via debit card, credit card or PayPal.
- Bank statement: The bank statement is required to prove the means of sustenance and to show that you can take charge of your trip.
- Return ticket: You will have to carry the returning ticket which will be asked at the airport. If you do not have one, the amount of return ticket should be present in your bank account.
Apply online in three simple steps using our website
1. Apply for a visa - Every visa application starts with filling in the online application form. That only takes a few minutes.
2. Secure payment - Payment can then be made securely and efficiently by PayPal, debit card, or credit card.
3. Print the visa - After granting permission, the New Zealand visa (NZeTA) will be sent by e-mail. Print it out and take it with you on a trip.
Other conditions for traveling with an NZeTA are that the traveler from Chile:
- must be able to demonstrate upon arrival that he has sufficient finance to complete the trip
- not be allowed to join an organization in New Zealand (unpaid and not volunteer)
- should not have serious, communicable diseases and should not expect major medical problems
- must not pose a risk to security, public order or law enforcement
- should not have received a prison sentence, or be suspected of a fact that could lead to this